You probably have a long list of small action items to finish before you, inevitably, forget to activate your out-of-office reply, and have to walk back to your desk. I always wonder who is in the office to read all the out-of-office messages anyway.
It is the time of year where we all endure some mild pre-Christmas stress… but it is also the time of year where you’re most likely to bump into remarkable ‘best of year’ content gems. What did we learn in 2016 and what do we expect 2017 will bring?
For those of you who secretly check their mobile phone under the Christmas tree, here is a presentation from the Content Marketing Institute that is definitely worth a closer look. It’s an overview of the B2B Content Marketing 2017 Benchmarks, Budgets & Trends for North America.
The information is dense. Every slide of the 45-page presentation treats us to some interesting facts. Here are some highlights
- Lead generation and brand awareness are the two main reasons why you will heavily invest in content marketing next year
- 63% of marketers are “very” or “extremely” committed to content marketing success in 2017
- 23% call themselves successful content marketers already, 53 % are moderately successful and look forward to join the leading 23% in 2017
- 73% see content marketing not as a series of isolated campaigns, but as an ongoing business process
- 28% mention specialist “marketing technology” as an important driver for improvements.
All good stuff. But the following statement really makes me look forward to everything 2017 will bring:
- 76% always or frequently prioritize content quality over content quantity.
2017 will not be just another year of standard customer journeys with pre-scheduled e-mail bursts.
Producing ‘high quality’ content is necessary but not sufficient. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? There is a time and a place for every content piece to shine.
Whether people actually consider ‘high quality’ content to be ‘high quality’ depends on whether it fits their specific need and use at that moment.
To make this possible, we have some great new solutions lined up for you. BrandMaker will help to engage better, sell more and reach your content marketing goals in 2017.
Wishing you happy holidays!
P.S. don’t forget your “out-of-office”.